Occupational Therapy works to promote success and independence with a variety of school based tasks.
- Develop fine motor skills to improve performance on tasks such as handwriting, using scissors and other school materials.
- Assist in the development of visual motor and processing skills for success with many academic tasks, such as writing and reading.
- Lead regulation groups where students work on learning how to reach the calm, alert state needed for success with higher learning.
- Support independence with self care and functional living skills in a school setting.
- Provide environmental modifications and sensory supports.
- Develop and oversee sensory diet and movement based activities to promote attention and regulation throughout the day.
Implementing school wide based program to develop foundational sensory and motor skills necessary for academic readiness.
This is my first full year at Spero and I already feel like this is the job I was meant...
My name is Sarah and I am so happy to be back at Spero for another year of learning and...
It is a pleasure to start my 7th year at Spero Academy. My experience as a pediatric oc...