Learn. Grow. Succeed!
Spero Academy is a public K-6 elementary charter school located in Northeast Minneapolis. Spero Academy is the national model of inclusive and tailored education for all children with an emphasis on small class sizes and individual attention. Through a continuous progress and a responsive environment, Spero Academy cultivates a high standard of academic and personal excellence, while creating a sense of respect, responsibility and community.
In session 11 months out of the year and averaging a 1:4 educator/student ratio, Spero Academy’s mission is to provide individualized educational programs for students of all backgrounds and abilities.
We Believe ... Every child can learn, grow, and succeed when given the opportunity to reach his or her individual potential.
We focus our resources and energy on developing our core capabilities to develop our Strategic Intents:
- Create differentiated programs that integrate academics with social and emotional learning
- Comprehensively identify individual education needs and learning styles
- Utilize collaborative teaming among staff, specialists, and families to integrate and coordinate personalized education
- Structure learning environments with small student-to-teacher ratios
- Assess student progress across all learning areas