Occupational Therapy works to promote success and independence with a variety of school based tasks.
- Develop fine motor skills to improve performance on tasks such as handwriting, using scissors and other school materials.
- Assist in the development of visual motor and processing skills for success with many academic tasks, such as writing and reading.
- Lead regulation groups where students work on learning how to reach the calm, alert state needed for success with higher learning.
- Support independence with self care and functional living skills in a school setting.
- Provide environmental modifications and sensory supports.
- Develop and oversee sensory diet and movement based activities to promote attention and regulation throughout the day.
Implementing school wide based program to develop foundational sensory and motor skills necessary for academic readiness.
612-465-8600, voicemail 610
I have worked as a pediatric Occupational Therapist for nearly 5 years! I I graduated with my undergraduate degree in Kinesiology from the University of Minnesota in 2010. I also attended the University of Minnesota for my Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy (graduating in 2012). I feel fortunate to have a job that puts a smile on my face everyday. I have experience working in both the academic setting and in the medical setting. I really enjoy helping to create independence in the occupation of "being a student". When I am not at work, I enjoy being spending time with my family and Dog (Duke). On the weekend, you could find me biking, open water swimming, or drinking coffee in my porch!
612-465-8600, voicemail 626
Hi, I am Lucy Rosenquist, a Registered and Licensed Occupational Therapist. At Spero Academy, work with kindergarten, 5th grade, and 6th grade. I received my master's degree from the University of Minnesota in 2013 and have been here at Spero Academy since spring of 2014. I continue to learn more tools to help kids develop the important skills they need to be successful students, including Handwriting Without Tears, Creating Sensory Friendly Environments, and Stimulating Maturity through Accelerated Readiness Training (S.M.A.R.T.).
612-465-8600, voicemail 620
It is a pleasure to start my 6th year at Spero Academy. My 17 years experience as a pediatric occupational therapist includes 6 years working with children with mental health diagnoses, sensory integration challenges and learning disabilities in residential and day treatment programs; followed by outpatient therapy in sensorimotor based clinics and school contracts. My passion and continuing education focus on improving children’s foundational developmental sensory, motor and cognitive skills with activities children enjoy and can do on a regular basis; increasing children’s independence with maintaining a calm regulated state; and increasing children’s innate enjoyment of learning and interaction with their environment and the people in it. Outside of school, My husband and I enjoy being active outdoors together with our 2 adult children and our teenage daughter.